5385. Lou Reed - Men of Good Fortune

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/519FW8jBCXL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Berlin; Year: 1973; Genre: Progressive Rock
I did not really have a song ready to pick today, but after going over a few possibilities I finally settled on this track off of Lou Reed's concept album Berlin. Both Reed's vocals and Jack Bruce's bass playing make for a rather interesting dynamic with the bass essentially doing a counter-line to the melody. Whilst being part of the over concept album, Men of Good Fortune actually stands pretty well on its own.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Dire Straits - Romeo & Juliet

My song pick 4 years ago today: James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)

My song pick 5 years ago today: King Crimson - Dinosaur

My song pick 6 years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Both Sides

My song pick 7 years ago today: Egg - I Will Be Absorbed

My song pick 8 years ago today: Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell

My song pick 9 years ago today: Soundgarden - Bones of Birds

My song pick 10 years ago today: Nightwish - Know Why the Nightingale Sings

My song pick 11 years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Black Ice

My song pick 12 years ago today: Waylander - Brú Na Bóinne

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rammstein - Klavier

My song pick 14 years ago today: Johnny Rivers - Summer Rain
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6968. England Dan & John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

Song Picks By Genre:

6969. Genesis - it

6970. Ozric Tentacles - Malachite

6971. The Stylistics - Lighten Up

6967. Michael Kiwanuka - Final Days