6101. Billy Joel - Turn the Lights Back On

From: Turn the Lights Back On (single); Year: 2024; Genre: Pop/Rock
I have never been, or pretended to be, a person with a finger on the pulse of pop culture or "what is new and hot," but I've definitely been aware that a new single from the Piano Man himself, Billy Joel, was about to release. Taken at face-value, Turn the Lights Back On is some fun nostalgia, or a warm "nightcap" for us fans who have loved his music all along, was born and grew up with it; for me it's a lot of both.
Whilst you can easily tell there was some A.I. and other computer aids involved to some extent, he doesn't try to fool anyone, and in essence is being his normal, open, unfiltered self. I really like how he pays homage to his different eras in the song and in the music video as well. If you are like me and love the late '70s/early '80s eras the best, it'll be a warm and welcoming familiar sound and feel.
In any case he has done what he does best: give us something nice to listen to and leave us wanting more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Three Dog Night - Family of Man

My song pick 6 years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Steal Away (The Night)

My song pick 7 years ago today: Twelfth Night - C.R.A.B.

My song pick 8 years ago today: George Clinton - Man's Best Friend/Loopzilla

My song pick 9 years ago today: Marillion - Slàinte Mhath

My song pick 10 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 24 - Ein Ungerärbt Gemüte

My song pick 11 years ago today: Hawkwind - Kiss of the Velvet Whip (The Mistress of Pain)

My song pick 12 year ago today: The Doobie Brothers - It Keeps You Runnin'

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steeleye Span - The Mooncoin Jig

My song pick 14 years ago today: Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad

My song pick 15 years ago today: Jerry Reed - Lightning Rod

My song pick 16 years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Changes
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In