6173. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 1

From: Raising the Mammoth; Year: 2002; Genre: Progressive Metal
Here's one of two pieces of music from what is the last album from the Explorers Club. It consists of a 38 minute, three part track and a 21 minute second track; to say the least it is musically on the extreme end of the progressive genres with high-end musicianship, production, arranging, etc. The band this time consisted of two alumni from the band Kansas, Steve Walsh and Kerry Livgren, guitarist virtuoso Marty Friedman, John Myung and James LaBrie from Dream Theater, drummer Terry Bozzio from Frank Zappa's band, and Gary Wehramp from Shadow Gallery amongst others. Heck, they even had long time Rush producer Terry Brown mixing the record, so, yes, it is very much in the very extreme end of musical excellence, virtuosity, and deep, nerdy concepts. 😁
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Russkaja - Cheburaschka

My song pick 6 years ago today: Ugly Kid Joe - Let the Record Play

My song pick 7 years ago today: Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death

My song pick 8 years ago today: Parliament - Funkin' for Fun

My song pick 9 years ago today: King Crimson - Fallen Angel

My song pick 10 years ago today: Uriah Heep - Blind Eye

My song pick 11 years ago today: Blink 182 - Don't Leave Me

My song pick 12 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 211 - Schweigt Stille, Plaudert Nicht

My song pick 13 years ago today: Queen - Stone Cold Crazy

My song pick 14 years ago today: Nightwish - She Is My Sin

My song pick 15 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Black

My song pick 16 years ago today: Kansas - Point of Know Return
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

5953. David Essex - Stardust

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In