6194. The Grateful Dead - Box of Rain

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/917MwySffBL._SX522_.jpg
From: American Beauty; Year: 1970; Genre: Psychedelic Rock/Folk Rock
Been a busy Memorial Day Weekend, but, as always I am making my Grateful Dead pick for the day itself.
This fan favourite and mainstay of the band's repertoire is one of Phil Lesh's songs that he also sings the lead on and is a rather beautiful track that he supposedly wrote for his father who was terminal; apparently he got to play it for him prior to his passing. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: The Grateful Dead - Unbroken Chain

My song pick 6 years ago today: The (Dixie) Dregs - Kat Food

My song pick 7 years ago today: King Crimson - Fracture

My song pick 8 years ago today: Sly & The Family Stone - Luv n' Haight

My song pick 9 years ago today: Outlaws - Green Grass & High Tides

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Jungle Love

My song pick 11 years ago today: Grateful Dead - China Cat Sunflower

My song pick 12 years ago today: Nightwish - The Carpenter

My song pick 13 years ago today: Return to Forever - Sofistifunk

My song pick 14 years ago today: Savatage - 24 Hours Ago

My song pick 15 years ago today: The (Detroit) Spinners - The Rubberband Man

My song pick 16 years ago today: Boston - Something About You
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations