6191. Eddie Hazel - Relic 'Delic (Purple Hazel)

From: Rest In P; Year: 1994; Genre: Funk Rock
I really wish that there was more material out there from the late-great Mr. Hazel; he was without a shadow of a doubt one of the greatest guitarists of our time.
This entire album was more or less a compilation of unreleased songs from the mid 1970s that featured P-Funk alumni amongst other noted talent. This instrumental track is a blend of hard funk-rock with a mix of jazz fusion thrown in. I especially love the drums and how they hold everything in "orbit" whilst keeping busy, but Eddie's guitar is really wot you came for and it shows.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Commons Brawl

My song pick 6 years ago today: Maddy Prior - Catseyes

My song pick 7 years ago today: Megadeth - Conquer or Die!

My song pick 8 years ago today: Steve Vai - You Didn't Break It

My song pick 9 years ago today: UB40 - Kingston Town

My song pick 10 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - The Ghost

My song pick 11 years ago today: Blondie - Dreaming

My song pick 12 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 244 - St. Matthew Passion

My song pick 13 years ago today: UB40 - Tears From My Eyes

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - 10.08 to Paddington

My song pick 15 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Mayhem, Maybe

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Kinks - Dedicated Follower of Fashion
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In