6190. Bonnie Tyler - Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

From: Faster Than the Speed of Night; Year: 1983; Genre: Hard Rock
Man, this album has to be one of those that was part of the soundtrack of my earlier years. I remember hearing Bonnie Tyler's cover of this song probably about as much as the Creedence original; love them both by the way, just in different ways. I can tell ya, she really took a radically different approach with her larger-than-life-itself vocals and the harder driving rock sound led by Roy Bittan's piano playing along with Max Weinberg's drumming. Of course, Rick Derringer's guitar playing and solo are the cherry on top the cake so to speak.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: C.W. McCall - Four Wheel Drive

My song pick 6 years ago today: Black Sabbath - Neon Knights

My song pick 7 years ago today: Savatage - Chance

My song pick 8 years ago today: Megadeth - A Secret Place

My song pick 9 years ago today: Wings - Live and Let Die

My song pick 10 years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Are You Happy?

My song pick 11 years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Creep

My song pick 12 years ago today: The Moog Cookbook - Come Out and Play

My song pick 13 years ago today: Hurricane Smith - Oh Babe, What Would You Say?

My song pick 14 years ago today: John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band - On The Dark Side

My song pick 15 years ago today: Collective Soul - Pretty Donna

My song pick 16 years ago today: Nightwish - 7 Days to the Wolves
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations