6186. Jethro Tull - Hammer on Hammer

From: RökFlöte; Year: 2023; Genre: Progressive Rock
I have noted within the last few years that Jethro Tull and Ian Anderson have more or less seemingly fallen out of favour, but this time it is not the normal critical pummeling, just you don't hear about them. Believe me, I know that being a 'Tull fan means you are terminally uncool and somewhat of a musical outcast, but perhaps it is the fact that I really don't pay much attention to most popular culture and, it could also be the fact that the U.S. has kinda been in a "death spiral" so to speak culturally concerning music for about the last 25 or so years with a handful of exceptions. Who knows, right? I suppose I should pay more attention to other nations'/cultures' for my music.
Anyway, I thought today would be a great time to pick another one from the latest 'Tull record, which released just over a year ago. Hammer on Hammer was the third single released from it and has that great music composed in Ian's traditional style along with his unique lyrics that obscures the point he is making through symbolism and wordplay.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: The Guess Who - Three More Days

My song pick 6 years ago today: Heart - White Lightning & Wine

My song pick 7 years ago today: Audioslave - Nothing Left to Say But Goodbye

My song pick 8 years ago today: Eric Burdon & The Animals - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Who - 905

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You

My song pick 11 years ago today: Rush - 2112

My song pick 12 years ago today: Elvis Presley - Hound Dog

My song pick 13 years ago today: Tesla - I Wanna Live

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rammstein - Eifersucht

My song pick 15 years ago today: Duran Duran - Lay Lady Lay

My song pick 16 years ago today: Genesis - Mama
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations