5538. Steeleye Span - Bach Goes To Limerick

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51BTpE0b78L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Commoners Crown; Year: 1975; Genre: Classical/Progressive Rock/Folk Rock
As the title of the song would suggest, this is a mix of Bachian style and traditional Irish Celtic folk style with a good helping of rock on the side. I believe this is also the only track on the album that was penned by the band and not based on a traditional piece.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Primus - Mr. Krinkle

My song pick 4 years ago today: Queen - Friends Will Be Friends

My song pick 5 years ago today: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 361/370a - Serenade no. 10 for winds in B-flat major, "Gran Partita"

My song pick 6 years ago today: Pat Benatar - You Better Run

My song pick 7 years ago today: Soundgarden - The Day I Tried to Live

My song pick 8 years ago today: Rush - Halo Effect

My song pick 9 years ago today: Clifford Brown and Max Roach - Stompin' at the Savoy

My song pick 10 years ago today: Franz Liszt - S.244/2 - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2

My song pick 11 years ago today: Modest Petrovitch Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition

My song pick 12 years ago today: Unheilig - Schutzengel

My song pick 13 year ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Chromatic Fantasy

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day/Reach for the Sun
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn