6286. Friend & Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness

From: Reach Out Of The Darkness; Year: 1968; Genre: Pop/Folk
Don't know why, but felt like picking this rather "groovy" late 1960s track today from the husband and wife duo Friend & Lover. It is kind of interesting the dichotomy of the joyous and upbeat nature of this and other songs from this time period contrasted with all of the societal upheaval, violence, and death surrounding this time.
Sadly, both Jim and Cathy post passed away a few years ago, but they did leave a lasting legacy. Also, comedic songster Ray Stevens played keyboards and arranged the strings on this track.
Some may be "too cool" to listen to this one, but they are missing out, but the chorus definitely will earworm you something terrible.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Primus - Mr. Krinkle

My song pick 6 years ago today: Queen - Friends Will Be Friends

My song pick 7 years ago today: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 361/370a - Serenade no. 10 for winds in B-flat major, "Gran Partita"

My song pick 8 years ago today: Pat Benatar - You Better Run

My song pick 9 years ago today: Soundgarden - The Day I Tried to Live

My song pick 10 years ago today: Rush - Halo Effect

My song pick 11 years ago today: Clifford Brown and Max Roach - Stompin' at the Savoy

My song pick 12 years ago today: Franz Liszt - S.244/2 - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2

My song pick 13 years ago today: Modest Petrovitch Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition

My song pick 14 years ago today: Unheilig - Schutzengel

My song pick 15 year ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Chromatic Fantasy

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day/Reach for the Sun
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship