1881 Deep Purple - Hush

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NTX5Z6D7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Shades of Deep Purple; Year: 1968; Genre: Hard Rock/Metal
The other day this song came on the radio; it was one of those instances where you've heard a song a thousand times before, but for some reason it was the right song at the right time and it was almost like hearing it as if it was brand new. It's hard to explain any other way, but to say the least it was a nice experience and I knew I would be picking it soon.
Some might not know this, but Deep Purple's Hush is actually a cover. It was originally written by Joe South and first recorded by Billy Joe Royal. However, for all tense and purpose when you think of this song it's usually Deep Purple's that comes to mind; they really made it all but their own. I like that they made this "protometal" song so heavy and musically intricate at the same point; as always, I especially love Jon Lord's keyboard throughout.

Hear Hush on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Paris - Big Towne, 2061

My song pick two years ago today: Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You

My song pick three years ago today: Alan Menken and Howard Ashman - Feed Me (Git It) (From: Little Shop of Horrors)

My song pick four years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Who'll Stop The Rain

My song pick five years ago today: Triumph - Lay It On The Line


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade