Song 370 ( The Buoys - Give Up Your Guns )



For this week I am choosing songs by bands that I chose the first week of this song blog. The song I chose for my second pick was the infamous song about cannibalism that is Timothy by The Buoys. The problem for me finding another song by them is that they were a one-hit band, however a bit ago I found out that they did, in fact, have another minor hit called Give Up Your Guns. This is a mellow song that is of the style that is atypical of pop/rock of the era. The song chronicles a bank robber who is held up in a cabin with a woman who wants him to turn himself in and, as the title suggests give up his guns; the song mostly is about him pondering the decision.

Here is a video with the studio version on YouTube.
Here is their Top of the Pops performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)