Song 371 ( Jerry Reed - Lord, Mr. Ford )



I am taking a day off of my theme week for a special reason: yesterday I found out while watching the news that Jerry Reed had died of complications from emphysema. I will continue my theme week tomorrow.
Most of Jerry Reed's music is very special to me because some of my earlier memories concerning music were my parents playing his songs. A lot of his music is very similar to Johnny Cash in form, however his music style was less cynical and more technical. Besides his music I remember him from films as well; the movie Smokey and the Bandit where he played Cletus, aka "The Snowman" is probably the role he played that I remember the most; I almost wore out the Video Disc playing it so much. He will be missed, I will always remember the scene where he ran over the bikes with the truck. I probably would have chosen the main theme from the film, East Bound and Down if I had not already chosen it in my truck driving song week. Funny enough my Niece and Nephews came to like him as well by watching him in the Scooby Doo cartoons.
Anyway, this classic song is quite a laugh and I though it would be perfect for today. I love the way he transitions through the complex rhyming scheme.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn