Song 372 ( Nena - Mach Die Augen Auf )












I'm returning to my theme week of choosing song by bands that I chose my first week of my song a day blog.
For my third pick, I chose "Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" by Nena. The song that I am choosing today is from her album Cover Me, which was released last year and did quite well in Europe. I have often noticed that a great deal of acts from abroad that we in America dub "one hit wonders" actually were quite successful abroad with many hit songs; Nena is one of those acts. Without the internet I would not even know a thing about these excellent songs other than they had one hit in The States if even that. When one does a little research you start to understand that the American music scene is incredibly stifling and that we are missing out on a lot of excellent music. Anyway, I digress, I do not want to turn this song pick into an industry rant.
The song, as expected has a European Pop/Rock sound, the song contains plenty of keyboards with a technoesque beat mixed with heavy guitars and bass; it has a nice driving sound to it. And of course, Nena's voice is as excellent as always. The lyrics in the song are quite nice and well written, they are quite surreal.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade