800 ( Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns and Money )

800 ( Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns and Money )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/Excitable_Boy_cover.jpg

I was planning to pick a more appropriate song for my "odometer rollover pick," but instead, for some reason, I just felt like choosing this one today. I have always been a big fan of Warren Zevon's work and especially the Excitable Boy album.
This one is about a man who dates a waitress who ends up being a Russian agent and gets caught up in the middle of the ensuing situation. He begs his father to send Lawyers, Guns and Money to get him out.
This song has been covered many times; some are pretty good, but in my opinion Warren Zevon's original version is the best by far.

Here is a live performance on YouTube.
Here is an acoustic performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: #428 Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
My song pick two years ago today: #60 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 565 - Toccata and Fugue in D-Minor

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn