899 ( Aphrodite's Child - Hic et Nunc )

899 ( Aphrodite's Child - Hic et Nunc )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/76/666_Aphrodite%27s_Child.jpg

A little over a couple of weeks ago Arthur (Tuuur) chose a song from Aphrodite's Child off of this album. I had been trying to find out who did this the album for quite some time after hearing it over 20 years ago. The main problem is I could only remember the music, 666 on the album cover, and the subject matter. Try to put that into search engine and you won't believe how many millions of irrelevant hits you get concerning music, 666, and the end of the world; not very useful at all. Anyway, as I said before, Arthur posted one of their songs, helping to end my search; my thanks go out to him.
Aphrodite's Child was a Greek Rock band and was one of Vangelis' projects; he would probably be best known for his composition: Chariots of Fire (which can be found here on YouTube), which is another melody that is indelibly burnt into my mind.
This album is a rock opera of sorts using The Apocalypse of John, aka The Book of Revelations as subject matter and the vehicle for the album. I love how they add a funk flavor to their progressive rock sound in this song.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Elton John - All The Girls Love Alice
My song pick two years ago today: Rush - The Body Electric

+

Comments

  1. Hey, this sounds nice as well! Guess I'll have to check that entire album.

    regards,
    Tuuur

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade