1138 Earth, Wind & Fire - Lets Groove

1138 Earth, Wind & Fire - Lets Groove
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c9/Earth%2C_Wind_%26_Fire_-_Raise.jpg

I absolutely cannot believe that I am 1137 songs into my little adventure and no Earth, Wind & Fire has graced my list yet. They are one of the bands whose music has always been around me since I can remember; in fact Verdine White's bass playing was one of the reasons I chose to learn the bass guitar in the first place.
Anyway, this is one of their more iconic tracks and probably immediately identifiable to almost anyone alive today, an excellent Funky Friday pick.

Watch the music video on YouTube.
Watch a live performance circa '90 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd - Samba Triste
+
My song pick two years ago today: The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
+
My song pick three years ago today: April Wine - Roller

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade