1202 The Coasters - Along Came Jones

1202 The Coasters - Along Came Jones

Was drawing a blank for my song pick this morning and then this rather cute track happened to start playing in my mind. I've never been heavily into silly songs. Don't get me wrong, I love the work of Weird Al, Cheech and Chong, and Dr. Demento, etc... but most of the time after the three or more times of playing it or so, like telling a joke too many times, it can start to become stale. For me, for some reason, The Coasters' silly songs don't seem to get as stale as fast as other comedic songs. I absolutely love how they arranged this song, especially the vocals; a true masterpiece of comedic music.

Hear Along Came Jones on YouTube.
Watch a television performance of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Grand Funk Railroad - Footstompin' Music

My song pick two years ago today: Petula Clark - Don't Sleep in the Subway

My song pick three years ago today: Band of Horses - Wicked Gil

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade