1205 The Steve Miller Band - You Send Me

1205 The Steve Miller Band - You Send Me

I've been thinking about picking this song for a while now and am finally able to get around to picking it this morning. Some might call it blasphemy, but I have always preferred this cover to the original Sam Cooke version; nothing wrong with Sam Cooke's original, but I just like this one a little more. Most likely the main reason I like this cover so much is the nice vocal mix and harmonies.
I recently discovered an interesting little tidbit about this track. In the first verse there are some spoken words saying: "Come on, baby, come on. No. Come on don't be nervous" that have always seemed a bit out of place in the song. From what I've read it is a sample from a Cheech & Chong skit called Championship Wrestling; I have not heard that skit yet, but I certainly will have to look it up.

Hear You Send Me on YouTube.
Watch a live acoustic version of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Frijid Pink - House of the Rising Sun

My song pick two years ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Portrait of Tracy

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Time Stand Still

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn