1207 Hawkwind - High Rise

1207 Hawkwind - High Rise
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81-w03ok6FL._SL1404_.jpg

I have no idea why, but I'm still listening to a lot of Hawkwind lately; I really felt like picking this awesome track this morning. One of the main reasons I got into Hawkwind was because they wrote a lot of their songs about the stories in science fiction/fantasy novels I like, plus it didn't hurt that their sound at times makes some Progressive Rock seem like Mainstream Pop in comparison.
High Rise comes off of their '79 PXR5 album and was based off the sci-fi novel of the same name written by J.G. Ballard; that same novel also inspired the Doctor Who episode: Paradise Towers.
The story is about a futuristic super building that is a essentially a city unto itself that is supposed to be a self-sufficient utopia that, as with any good sci-fi story, goes awry and becomes a dystopian nightmare.

Here is a neat fan video with the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Joachim Witt - Bataillon 'd Amour

My song pick two years ago today: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Ohio

My song pick three years ago today: Donovan - Sunshine Superman

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade