1516 Steely Dan - Peg

1516 Steely Dan - Peg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21JJCP2J6DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Aja, Year: 1977
Genre: Rock/Jazz Fusion

I've been meaning to pick a track from Steely Dan for about a week now, but every time another song happened to get in the way.
This song happens to be, I believe, the eleventh Steely Dan song I have chosen thus far. I have always loved this band ever since I can remember. I guess for me they are what Max refers to as "Dad Music;" my father listened to them a lot whilst I was young and I came to love their music as well.
Anyway, this is one of their quintessential songs off of one of their best albums; it was also the first of their albums that I owned. You've got to love all of the musical styles and genres they used in this song.

Hear Peg on YouTube.
Watch a live performance circa '03 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: What Made Milwaukee Famous - Selling Yourself Short

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Left Right

My song pick three years ago today: Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes

My song pick four years ago today: Eisbrecher - Ohne Dich

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade