1579 Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Rain is Falling

1579 Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Rain is Falling
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EkAOpJXlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Time, Year: 1981
Genre: Progressive Rock

Over the last few days I've been listening to ELO's Time album quite a bit; it felt like a good day to pick one of their songs.
This is one of the prettier tracks on the album, which takes place in the middle of the album/story as the time traveler is getting used to life in the year 2095. I believe that I have said this before in my other picks of songs from this concept album; other than the Prologue and Epilogue every song is excellent heard with or without the other songs that make up the story.
This song is almost what you could call Gospel meets Electronic Progressive Rock; I can hear a lot of John Lennon's influence on this song in particular, but it doesn't stray too far away from that excellent ELO sound.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - Red Lenses

My song pick two years ago today: The Kinks - A Rock & Roll Fantasy

My song pick three years ago today: Quincy Jones - Soul Bossa Nova

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - My Sunday Feeling

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off