1578 Molly Hatchet - One Man's Pleasure

1578 Molly Hatchet - One Man's Pleasure
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71TU4mnsLTL._AA300_.jpg
From Flirtin' With Disaster, Year: 1979
Genre: Hard Rock/Southern Rock

I was listening to Molly Hatchet and noticed that I hadn't picked one of their songs for a spell. Back when I was a teenager, and thus didn't have as much money, I'd go to yard sales and thrift stores and buy 8-Track tapes for next to nothing since that format was so far outdated that no one really put much value on them. I would then take them home and record them off on cassette; usually I would end up spending less than $2 to get an entire album and it was legal. You could even do it for less if you bought the 90 minute blank tapes, which you could normally fit two full albums on.
Anyway, as you probably already guessed, Flirtin' With Disaster was one of those albums. If I remember correctly, I either didn't have a blank tape on hand or I was just being lazy, but I remember playing the 8-Track quite a bit. There were always four songs playing at a given time, so every time the tape looped around there were tracks you'd switch to that had your favourite songs playing on. It just so happened that there was actually no song that I already liked playing at the point this one was playing and I usually had it on this track when it came around; eventually it became one of my favourites on the album.
This is definitely a fun party song; I love the drum and bass intro, of course the southern slide guitar work sell it the rest of the way.

Hear One Man's Pleasure on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Hawkwind - High Rise

My song pick two years ago today: Joachim Witt - Bataillon 'd Amour

My song pick three years ago today: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Ohio

My song pick four years ago today: Donovan - Sunshine Superman

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade