1601 The Alan Parsons Project - The Raven

1601 The Alan Parsons Project - The Raven
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/2b/ad/0993820dd7a0b4534270e010.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Tales of Mystery and Imagination, Year: 1976
Genre: Progressive Rock

A few days ago I happened to hear this song on the radio. Since I like it and hadn't heard it for a bit; plus I haven't picked an APP song yet, I'm making it my last blog post/song pick of 2011.
As with the rest of the material on the album this song is based on the writings of Edgar Alan Poe, this one in particular is, of course, base on his poem on the song's namesake. It is mostly known for Leonard Whiting's vocals, which were run through a EMI Vocoder to give his voice that synthesized sound.
Anyway, I'll catch you all next year!

Here is a video with the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - The Sinister Minister

My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Reise, Reise

My song pick three years ago today: Billy Joel - New York State Of Mind

My song pick four years ago today: Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo)

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)