1581 Lighthouse - Pretty Lady

1581 Lighthouse - Pretty Lady
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cvbd-YXSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Can You Feel It, Year: 1973
Genre: Rock

For most of the morning I had this song running through my mind; I thought I would add it to my list for today's pick.
I cannot begin to count the amount of times I've heard this song over the years; I believe that my dad had it on one of his many "Super Hits" records and he loved it. I distinctively remember my dad re-cuing the record; as I heard the song fade it would stop and then I'd hear the crackle just before the song began again.
While this one has a mainstream Rock feel, it's quite a 'big' sounding song; there is a noted Jazz influence throughout. The horns and strings give an excellent hook in the breaks, and as with almost all Canadian Rock bands, I just love the driving rhythm section.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Ugly Kid Joe - Mr. Recordman

My song pick two years ago today: Chet Atkins & Jerry Reed - Something

My song pick three years ago today: Buddy Holly & the Crickets - Well... All Right

My song pick four years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade