1594 "Weird Al" Yankovic - Christmas at Ground Zero

1594 "Weird Al" Yankovic - Christmas at Ground Zero
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uFlKkreoL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Greatest Hits Volume II, Year: 1994 (1986)
Genre: Christmas Music/Comedy

Merry Christmas!
As I was getting ready to pick a song on this Christmas Eve this rather gruesome holiday ditty from Mr. Yankovic came to mind. He did a nice job mixing upbeat 60'sesque Pop/Rock music with the disturbing subject matter of a nuclear attack at Christmas time. I usually like to play this one on or around Christmas in anticipation of having to deal with relatives and in-laws in a virtual 'ground zero' rife with bad attitudes, selfishness, and holiday snits.

Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Greg Lake (Emerson, Lake & Palmer) - I Believe in Father Christmas

My song pick two years ago today: Louis Armstrong - 'Zat You Santa Clause?

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - A Christmas Song

My song pick four years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Ghost of Christmas Eve

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn