1577 Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door

1577 Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LoMjkfifL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (Soundtrack), Year: 1973
Genre: Folk Rock

Last night some of my family and I were having a jam session and this was one that we played; I can't believe that I haven't yet picked it. This one was originally written for the soundtrack for the film Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid; this song was, if memory serves, the only hit to come out of the project.
This is one of many songs from Bob Dylan that I absolutely love, it is such an emotional piece of music. The simplicity of this track musically, in my opinion, only reinforces those emotional aspects. Even though Bob Dylan is not known for his vocal prowess, his vocals were perfect for this song.

Hear Knockin' on Heaven's Door on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '95 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Frank Zappa - Dumb All Over

My song pick two years ago today: Django Reinhardt - I'll See You In My Dreams

My song pick three years ago today: Queen - You're My Best Friend

My song pick four years ago today: The Zombies - She's Not There

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn