1573-5 Muse - Exogenesis: Symphony Parts 1,2, and 3

1573-5 Muse - Exogenesis: Symphony Parts 1,2, and 3
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61J3PTMgkhL._AA300_.jpg
From: The Resistance, Year 2009
Genre: Progressive Rock/Symphonic Rock

For most of yesterday Muse kept popping up all over the place from my iPod, the radio, to the television. Since I actually like the band quite a lot anyway I figured that I would pick one of their songs today.
Anyway, this is a three-part mini concept piece and is about 13 minutes in length; I hear a lot of classical composers' influence in this piece, Beethoven in particular. Long, multifaceted pieces like these used to permeate many of the Progressive Rock albums, but not as much in more recent years. When I first ran into this song it was a joy hearing a newer band taking the time and effort to write, arrange, and record one; not only that, but they did an amazing job as well.

Here is Part 1 (Overture) on YouTube.
Here is Part 2 (Cross-Pollination) on YouTube.
Here is Part 3 (Redemption) on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Hawkwind - Spirit of the Age

My song pick two years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Flow My Tears

My song pick three years ago today: Nightwish - I Wish I Had An Angel

My song pick four years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride and Joy

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)