1582 The Mushroom Tabernacle Choir - 12 Drugs of Christmas

1582 The Mushroom Tabernacle Choir - 12 Drugs of Christmas

From: Help Put The 'X' Back In Xmas, Year: 1971
Genre: Comedy/Christmas Music


It's now 12 days 'till Christmas, well Christmas Eve anyway, and I thought I would choose this irreverent parody of the traditional 12 Days of Christmas for the occasion.
I can't remember where this song came from, but somehow it ended up in my mix of music. Until today I actually didn't know who actually did the song; on the internet it has been attributed to Cheech & Chong, and we all know accurate internet attributions usually are. I don't know if Cheech & Chong had anything to do with it or not; it does sound like something they'd be a part of. However, from my meager research I was able to find out it was supposedly done by an a cappella group that called itself The Mushroom Tabernacle Choir, but unfortunately there's not much more information that I can dig up about it at this time.
Anyway, if I find out more about it I'll be adding it to the post when I have time.

Hear a version of 12 Drugs of Christmas on YouTube. (NSFW).



My song pick a year ago today: David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

My song pick two years ago today: Ian Anderson - In the Moneylender's Temple

My song pick three years ago today: Dobie Grey - Drift Away

My song pick four years ago today: Lobo - Gypsy and the Midnight Ghost

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade