1631 Alexander Porfiryevich Borodin - Symphony No.2 in B-Minor

1631 Alexander Porfiryevich Borodin - Symphony No.2 in B-Minor
Year: 1878
Genre: Romantic Period/classical

This is my second pick of my mystery theme week:
This is one of my personal favourite pieces from the pen of Alexander Borodin. Out of 'The Five' he composed a lot of their pieces I like the most; personally Mussorgsky wrote a lot I like as well and at times it's a toss up between the two.
Anyway, this in my opinion is a 'musician's piece' of music, however with its beauty and sheer presence it's definitely a listener's song as well; you can easily get engrossed in both the feeling and complexities throughout. I absolutely love to get lost in this amazing piece of music; truly beautiful.

Here is the first movement: Allegro on YouTube.
Here is the second movement: Scherzo. Prestissimo-Allegretto on YouTube.
Here is the third movement: Andante on YouTube.
Here is the fourth movement: Finale. Allegro on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jon Oliva's Pain - Winter Haven

My song pick two years ago today: KoKo Taylor - That's Why I'm Crying

My song pick three years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Veteran of the Psychic Wars

My song pick four years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Bounty Hunter

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)