1612 Savatage - Holocaust

1612 Savatage - Holocaust
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/98/41/c753e03ae7a00bfe37eef110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Sirens, Year: 1983
Genre: Heavy Metal

I had Savatage on my mind this morning and, if I'm not mistaken, I haven't chosen a song off of their debut album Sirens.
With this being from their early period, the music is decidedly heavier and bit more in your face than from their more popular Progressive/Symphonic Metal material that the Trans-Siberian Orchestra was born out of.
Anyway, this is a song written about the world coming to an end in the year 2000. Yeah, that was 12 years ago and I believe that they weren't the only ones who got that one wrong, or maybe they got it right and the world did end in 2000 and no one noticed....

Hear Holocaust on YouTube.
Watch a rare live performance of the song circa '81 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The United States of America - The Garden of Earthly Delights

My song pick two years ago today: Buddy Holley & the Crickets - Oh Boy!

My song pick three years ago today: Oasis - Champagne Supernova

My song pick four years ago today: John Denver - Paradise

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn