1621 The Ventures - Beethoven's Sonata in C#-Minor

1621 The Ventures - Beethoven's Sonata in C#-Minor
From: Joy: The Ventures Play the Classics, Year: 1972
Genre: Progressive Rock/Surf Rock

You probably notice that my blog looks a lot different. It has been a while, about 10 months since the last time I redesigned it and have been meaning to update its look again for a couple of months now. I still haven't settled on a design yet and might change it again; we'll have to see if it still works for me in the coming weeks.
Anyway, on to my song pick:

I really have been meaning to choose a track from this album for a very long time. Like some other bands from around that time were doing, this was The Ventures foray into making rocked out arrangements of classical music. This track is their Rock adaptation of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (Op. 27, No.2). I love how they used the horns and bass guitar for the big sounding punctual stabs that accompany the arpeggiated triplets played on the keyboards and other lead instruments.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stuart Hamm - Count Zero

My song pick two years ago today: Louis Armstrong - La Vie en Rose

My song pick three years ago today: The Thermals - No Culture Icons

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Crossfire

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn