1624 The Moody Blues - Go Now

1624 The Moody Blues - Go Now
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/7d/13/6b89024128a03f5dc193e010.L._AA300_.jpg
From: The Magnificent Moodies, Year: 1965
Genre: Rock/R&B

I was having trouble thinking of a song for my pick today. For no reason I started listening to The Moody Blues and realized that I hadn't picked this song yet, which was one of their first hits and predated Justin Heyward. It was actually a cover of a song written by Larry Banks and Milton Bennett; it was first recorded by Larry Banks' wife Bessie Banks a year before The Moody Blues picked it up.
The band had more of a Pop/Beat feel to it at this time in contrast to their more popular Symphonic/Progressive material they're known for. It's a rather bluesy and soulful track that is most notably carried by a well-defined 3/4 waltz beat, which makes it very recognizable.

Hear Go Now on YouTube.
Watch a vintage television performance of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Queen - 39

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - Standing at the Edge

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Nocturne

My song pick four years ago today: Head East - Never Been Any Reason

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)