1607 Return to Forever - Dayride

1607 Return to Forever - Dayride
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411PHFMBJ6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: No Mystery, Year: 1975
Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk

It's the first Friday of the year, so I thought I would make a 'Funky Friday' for the occasion with this rather funky piece of Jazz Fusion. This song comes from the pen of legendary bassist Stanley Clarke; it would also make an appearance on his '78 Modern Man solo album.
It has a nice mixture of Jazz, Funk, and Rock with just a wee bit of a Latin flavor. As always, all of the band members do a superb job, but I especially love Chick Corea's synth keyboard playing throughout on this one.

Hear Dayride on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Hot Rails to Hell

My song pick two years ago today: Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show - Cover of the Rolling Stone

My song pick three years ago today: Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Crazed Institution

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)