1614 Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl

1614 Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/96/63/be8c820dd7a091d507a9c010.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Traveling Without Moving, Year: 1997
Genre: Funk/Disco/Acid Jazz

I've known of the existence of Jamiroquai for a long while, but until recently have never taken the time to look up any of their songs. It's another case where I believe I've actually heard the band's music, but didn't know who performed it. I mostly learned about the band from seeing their lead singer, Jay Kay, all over different programs on the BBC.
For those unfamiliar with the band, they are what is known as an Acid Jazz/Funk/Dance Hall band. I haven't picked a song from a band that is considered part of the Acid Jazz genre yet, so I figured I would snag the opportunity.
Anyhow, Acid Jazz is one of the Jazz genres where it, just like with Jazz Fusion, gets the snub from 'Jazz purists' who don't look on it as an actual form of Jazz. To best describe it, it takes a lot of the ides and concepts found in Jazz, like the loping eighth note and the swinging feel, then mixes it with Electronic, Disco, Funk, and/or other Jazz styles and the higher tempo 2/4 dance club beat.
One of these days I should do a theme that covers all of the different genres of Jazz, that would be fun.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Mama, I'm Coming Home

My song pick two years ago today: Adam Gilberti - Dragon's First Flight

My song pick three years ago today: Zakk Wylde - Farm Fiddlin'

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Hunting Girl

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade