1630 Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos - Media Vita in Morte Sumus

1630 Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos - Media Vita in Morte Sumus
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ncSdmCR7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Chant, Year: 1973
Genre: Gregorian Chant

I'm embarking on a theme week, however I thought it would be fun to wait until Saturday's pick to reveal what my theme is; in the mean time anyone is welcome to make guesses as to what it is along the way.
Okay, on to today's song pick:
I remember back in the '90s this album became quite popular and could be heard all over the place. If memory serves me right, that new found popularity of Chant happened to spawn some parody albums; one in particular, I believe, was called: Grunt. As you can probably guess, it was composed of chants spoken in Pig-Latin. Since it became popular 20 years from the initial recording I wouldn't be too surprised if it makes another resurgence within a few years or so.
Anyway, as with most of the tracks on the album, this one makes excellent 'wallpaper music' and is also nice to listen closely to as well.

Here is a recording on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stahlhammer - Der Zerbrochene Traum

My song pick two years ago today: Charles Gounod - Funeral March of a Marionette

My song pick three years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

My song pick four years ago today: Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade