1828 Curved Air - Vivaldi

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41R8NQANECL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Airconditioning; Year: 1970; Genre: Progressive Rock
A few months ago I began listening to this classic progressive rock band and this morning I happened to be thinking about some of their music, so I figured what the heck, I'll go ahead and pick one of their songs.
This track is almost entirely driven by Darryl Way's amazing violin playing; in fact the majority of this 7+ minute piece all but features him playing violin alone, which almost at times makes it an outright classical piece. However, at those times when the entire band kicks in it makes for a rather interesting sound.

Hear the studio version on YouTube.
Watch a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Megadeth - Endgame

My song pick two years ago today: Sirenia - The Other Side

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Spiral

My song pick four years ago today: Outerstar - You Love It When It Rains

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn