1891 Rush - Anagram (for Mongo)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51A0mSCE48L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Presto; Year: 1989; Genre: Rock
I noticed in the news today that actor and former NFL player Alex Karras passed away. Even though he had many other roles as an actor I'll probably always remember him for the character "Mongo" from the comedy classic Blazing Saddles. In the movie there were many highly quotable lines, among them was Cleavon Little's famous "Candygram for Mongo."
Anyway, after hearing of Alex Karras' death this song just popped in my mind. I don't know if the title of the song was inspired somehow by the line in the movie, but ever since I first saw it I figured there had to be a connection. Even if there isn't a real connection, in my mind (and probably in that of many others'), there is.

Hear Anagram (for Mongo) on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Sky - Troika

My song pick two years ago today: Mason Williams - Classical Gas

My song pick three years ago today: Alexi Murdoch - Breathe

My song pick four years ago today: Bad Company - Shooting Star

My song pick five years ago today: Ella Fitzgerald - Blue Skies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade