1901 Gustav Mahler - Symphony No.4

File:Gustav-Mahler-Kohut.jpg
Year: 1901; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
There have been quite a few classical composers that I have yet to add to my blog; Gustav Mahler is definitely one of them. So, when I noticed that this, his fourth symphony premiered in 1901, which is also today's song pick number, I figured it would be an excellent choice.

Here is a complete performance of Mahler's 4th Symphony by the World Orchestra of Peace, conducted by Valery Gergiev on YouTube. Circa 2011, which marked the 100th anniversary of Gustav Mahler's death.



My song pick a year ago today: Saigon Kick - Chanel

My song pick two years ago today: Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

My song pick three years ago today: Return to Forever - Vulcan Worlds

My song pick four years ago today: Victor Wooten - Me and My Bass Guitar

My song pick five years ago today: Pink Floyd - Welcome to the Machine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade