1908 Sergei Rachmaninoff - Op. 27 - Symphony No. 2

File:Sergei Rachmaninoff LOC 30160 cropped.jpg
Op. 27; Year: 1908; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
Off an on for the last week and especially today I've been having issues with the internet going out, but it's back on now and running fine, (knock on wood). Anyway, just in case it decides to go kaput again I'm making a quick pick.
I checked what was going on in music circa 1908, which is today's song pick number, and noticed this awesome piece of music from Rachmaninoff made it's debut in 1908. I also realized that I hadn't yet chosen one of his songs yet, so it seemed like an excellent time to do so.

Here is a performance of the piece by the Radio Filharmonisch Orkest, conducted by Gullberg Jensen on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: AC/DC - Big Balls

My song pick two years ago today: The Guess Who - Hand Me Down World

My song pick three years ago today: Finntroll - Skogens Hämnd

My song pick four years ago today: Bon Jovi - These Days

My song pick five years ago today: Yes - Roundabout


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade