1902 Scott Joplin - The Entertainer

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513Wk0tNOmL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Entertainer: The Very Best of Scott Joplin; Year: 2009, (1902); Genre: Ragtime/Pop
Okay, here's another one of Scott Joplin's more recognized compositions, which probably is the most popular of his songs today; I can all but guarantee you've heard it at some point. This one, of course, was published at the height of the popularity of ragtime in the year 1902, which is also the pick number today.
What has led to this song's popularity in more recent times was its use in the Paul Newman and Robert Redford film The Sting; subsequently it has been used quite a bit in popular culture.

Hear The Entertainer on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Maktub - So Tired

My song pick two years ago today: Dizzy Gillespie - Manteca

My song pick three years ago today: Iron Maiden - Sun and Steel

My song pick four years ago today: Deep Purple - Knocking At Your Back Door

My song pick five years ago today: Slade - Cum On Feel The Noize


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn