1887 The Police - Every Breath You Take

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Police-album-synchronicity.jpg
From Synchronicity; Year: 1983; Genre: New Wave/Pop
Today when I was sitting in the car waiting for an appointment this song came on the radio. It's weird, but for me personally I've always had it very much connected to the time period when I first heard it; because of that it hasn't become as cliché to me as it probably is to others.
If you don't really listen that closely to the lyrics it almost sounds like a love song, but, as you probably know, the song is about a stalker and his ex-lover. I was taken aback the first time I actually sat down and listened to the lyrics; for quite a while I never really listened to them; I was rather focused on the music. I like the smooth and highly predicable chord progression, however my favourite part of the song is the middle eight and how they enter and exit it.

Watch the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone

My song pick two years ago today: The Moontrekkers - Night of the Vampire

My song pick three years ago today: Maddy Prior - Cold Flame

My song pick four years ago today: Savatage - Follow Me

My song pick five years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Sledgehammer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)