1942 Fats Waller - Jitterbug Waltz

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412nYLVPDuL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Best of Fats Waller; Year: 2012 (1942); Genre: Jazz
I'm picking another song where its publishing date happens to match my song pick number; this is a real good one. This was one of the last major compositions from Fats Waller, sadly a year later a bout with pneumonia brought on by a hectic schedule took the master composer/musician's life at an untimely age of 39. He's another one of those musical giants that accomplished an amazing amount within the short time he was on this Earth.

Hear Jitterbug Waltz on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Pibroch (Cap in Hand)

My song pick two years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Civilize the Universe

My song pick three years ago today: Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son

My song pick four years ago today: John Denver - The Eagle and the Hawk

My song pick five years ago today: Three Dog Night - Liar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade