1956 Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51TKTbq+2HL.jpg
From: Heartbreak Hotel (Single); Year: 1956; Genre: Rock 'n Rock/Blues
Suffice it to say that probably from this point until I reach song pick 2013 I'll probably continue picking songs that were released on the date that coincides with my song pick number, unless of course I get bored or for a myriad of other reasons.
Anyway, in 1956, which is today's pick number Elvis Presley, The King, had quite a few hit singles, of course this was one of the major ones. Heartbreak Hotel is quite an influential and famous song, even today; many a musician since has pointed to this song as being of major influence.

Hear Heartbreak Hotel on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rare Earth - I Just Want to Celebrate

My song pick two years ago today: Top Gear Band - Red Light Spells Danger

My song pick three years ago today: Azteca - Love is a Stranger

My song pick four years ago today: Danzig - Mother

My song pick five years ago today: Savatage - Gutter Ballet


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade