2447 Jethro Tull - Two Fingers

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510ZyYWENtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: War Child; Year: 1974; Genre: Progressive Rock
I had this song running through my mind this morning and, as I usually do, I thought I would pick it.
This one's kind of a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek take on the on what happens in the afterlife. Ian is as cynical as always, but for me the music and its arrangement is the main draw; I love Ian's saxophone playing on this one as well as the thumping bass line.
Interestingly enough, this one is a rewrite/re-imagining of a song titled Lick Your Fingers Clean, which was originally recorded for the Aqualung album three years prior, but was left off the final release for some reason. You can hear Lick Your Fingers Clean here on YouTube.

Hear Two Fingers on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Paul Simon - Hobo's Blues

My song pick two years ago today: Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

My song pick three years ago today: Kristoph Klover - Fire in the Sky

My song pick four years ago today: David Bowie - The Supermen

My song pick five years ago today: The Rolling Stones - 2000 Light Years From Home
 
My song pick six years ago today: Garbage - Push It


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn