2029 Rush - La Villa Strangiato (An Exercise in Self-Indulgence)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/Rush_Hemispheres.jpg
From: Hemispheres; Year: 1978; Genre: Hard Rock/Progressive Rock
The other day I bought a new t-shirt that has the Hemispheres album cover on it. Of course it got me listening to the album again; afterwards I was wondering which of the four songs on this album I had chosen on my blog. I truly thought for sure that I had at some time picked this one; but after checking my master list and doing a Google search of my blog, (yes I was that sure that I had picked it), I realized I hadn't.
Wow, over 2000 song picks in and apparently I haven't picked my absolute favourite of their instrumental pieces.
Anyway, this is a progressive rock lover/musician's dream to listen to; hell, that goes for the entire album, which is arguably Rush's most ambitious. This is Rush at their best.

Hear La Villa Strangiato on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel

My song pick two years ago today: Rufus & Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good

My song pick three years ago today: Freddie Taylor and His Swing Men from Harlem - Viper's Dream

My song pick four years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Pow

My song pick five years ago today - Ricky Nelson - Garden Party


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade