2186 Peter Jay & The Jaywalkers - Can-Can

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi5ly03SjD0XvfWduhscVL06nLAVBiWBloxN7EvaCnrBtSYu0SdTaNLCVhx_gKoeSrFj45DxwaHf36o3Yj9a06dyT_J6-CNOfp6okHp17twPRfYriMMuO-Y9u06ZlQpmr0aLFf0cXOoFno/s1600/Vampires,%2BCowboys,%2BSpacemen%2B%26%2BSpooks%2B-%2Bfront.jpg
From: Vampires, Cowboys, Spacemen, & Spooks: The Very Best of Joe Meek's Instrumentals; Year: (1962); Genre: Surf Rock
For the last week or so I've been enjoying the incredible collection of instrumental music from legendary producer Joe Meek's recordings of various bands he worked with.
I can't help but get a smile on my face when I hear this surf rock re-imagining of Jacques Offenbach's Infernal Gallop from his opera Orpheus in the Underworld. In more recent years this piece has been associated with the chorus line Can-Can dance.

Hear Peter Jay & The Jaywalker's Can-Can on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Home

My song pick two years ago today: Steve Vai - Details at 10

My song pick three years ago today: England Dan & John Ford Coley - Westward Wind

My song pick four years ago today: Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale

My song pick five years ago today: Louis Armstrong - Hello Dolly


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn