From: Bwncath ; Year: 2017; Genre: Folk Rock Discovered this Welsh band the other day, and as always, I love anything different, which Bwncath definitely fits. From wot I understand Bwncath in the Welsh language translates as Buzzard, hence the band's logo I suppose. Anyway, I know absolutely no Welsh in either written or spoken form, which they sing in, however, from wot I have read, this track is about the famous Welsh pirate Bartholomew Roberts , (aka: Black Bart), who was the most successful buccaneer of the golden age of piracy. On this one they idealize the exploits and stories of the long-dead countryman. I really like the music, especially the reverb-heavy surf style guitar that adds a lot to the overall folk rock sound of the band. Hear Barti Ddu on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Home/Have You Seen the Stars Tonight My song pick 2 years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Backstabber ...
Comments
Post a Comment
Comment on this post: