2500 Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op.130 - String Quartet No.13 "Cavatina"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Beethoven.jpg
From: Op.130; Year: 1825; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
Today is another "odometer rollover pick" and I was feeling like picking another one from Beethoven and I thought it would also be great to celebrate my 2500th song picked.
Cavatina is the 5th movement of String Quartet No.13 and is another one of his more popular compositions, which was also one of the songs included on the Voyager space probe's Golden Record.

Hear a performance by the Kodály Quartet of "Cavatina" on YouTube.


Anyway, it was interesting today when I realized that if this was still a "Top 10,000 Songs," like I originally had intended, instead of a "Song a Day" blog like it is now I would be 1/4 of the way to that goal of 10,000 songs.
I'm actually glad that I dropped that limitation about a year after I started this endevour. I didn't like the idea of having a definite "end" to my list and I didn't want to feel like I had to keep going either if I got tired of it.
Coming this September I will have been doing this for seven years straight; funny, it doesn't seem that long.



My song pick a year ago today: Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary

My song pick two years ago today: Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

My song pick three years ago today: Louis Armstrong - C'est si bon

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Journeyman

My song pick five years ago today: Kansas - The Pinnacle

My song pick six years ago today: Rammstein - Asche Zu Asche


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)