2595 Jethro Tull - A Time For Everything

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51cNfwwGJNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Benefit; Year 1970; Genre: Hard Rock/Progressive Rock
Yesterday while on the official Jethro Tull website I found out that their original bassist Glenn Cornick passed away; you can see Ian Anderson's write up on the site here. For me he was one of the bassists that I admired a great deal from not only my favourite band, but from any band.
Anyway, although he played with a great deal of bands besides 'Tull, I figured I should pick one of the songs he played on coming off the last album he played with Jethro Tull, and this song is quite apropos.
Rest in peace awesome, bespectacled bass player!

Hear A Time For Everything on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Megadeth - Wanderlust

My song pick two years ago today: Pearls Before Swine - The Surrealist Waltz

My song pick three years ago today: Queen - Spread Your Wings

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - Working Man

My song pick five years ago today: Elmore James - The Sky is Crying

My song pick six years ago today: The Allman Brothers - Jessica

My song pick seven years ago today: Megadeth - Foreclosure of a Dream


Comments

  1. By my count, this is the 100th Tull song you've posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably higher than that, but I don't count the songs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn