2662 Alestorm - 1741 (The Battle of Cartagena)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61HFu6QlTHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Sunset on the Golden Age; Year: 2014; Genre: Power Metal/Celtic Folk Metal
This is one from the new album that was recently released from the epic pirate metal band Alestorm. If you heard the band before you more or less know what to expect; although it is interesting to hear Christopher Bowes go into low "gut" vocals like what you would normally hear in death metal in the mid eight section. I love how they mix the account of an actual historic battle in this song.
Not bad in the least and it's nice to see that they're staying on course with the sound I've come to know and love.

Hear 1741 (The Battle of Cartagena) on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Genesis - Ripple

My song pick two years ago today: Joachim Witt - Goldener Reiter

My song pick three years ago today: Savatage - Memory

My song pick four years ago today: Billy Joel - Goodnight Saigon

My song pick five years ago today: S Sgt Barry Sadler - Ballad of the Green Berets

My song pick six years ago today: Pink Floyd - On the Turning Away

My song pick seven years ago today: ABBA - Soldiers


Comments

  1. So help me I was just about to buy this album when I watched the official YouTube post of the "Drink" video. But at the end of it there was a link to a song called "Energia" from an Austrian band called Russkaja, who is signed to the same label as Alestorm. I liked it so much I bought that album instead!

    Don't get me wrong, I probably will pick this one up at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn